Maremma is a low rainfall region with temperate climate where cycling activity is possible for 12 months a year.
The morphology of the region is a real cycling gym: miles of plains, relaxing hills and steep climbs, together with low traffic roads, offer itineraries of all levels of difficulty and for all legs which are very appreciated by cyclists.
Mountain bikers will love our territory and its adventurous off road trails which run across woods and hills, surrounded by an astonishing panorama.
Maremma’s road network is studded with secondary roads with low traffic and a maximum gradient of 10%. It is also rich in mountain bike trails suitable for all cycling levels and available on GPS, as well as in downhill tracks.
Services for cyclists
Free mountain bikes at your disposal!
Antico Casale di Scansano offers you exclusive services for your bike holiday:
- Bike Lounge
- bike room with video surveillance + repair shop
- Bike washing
- Specific laundry service
- MTB routes inside the estate’s wood (1000 m, 1200 m, 2200 m.)
- Cyclo–cross route (2000 m.)
- Power assisted bicycle rental
- High quality bicycle rental
- Platform for incremental power test and maximum power output test
- Customized escursions with Certificated Cycle Guide
For the most passionate cyclist it is possible to rent a professional bike from MBM, an important bike shop in Grosseto specialized in powered assisted bicycles. You can choose among city bikes , Mountain bikes and Road bikes , with or without power assistance
Ask the front office and the bicycles will be brought directly to the hotel!